2.06.2007

SB/24

Before Sunday's big game, I couldn't remember a year where I cared less about the Super Bowl. Yeah, I kind of wanted Peyton to win, but only so that "expert" analysts would stop talking about his inability to win a championship. I was pleasantly surprised with the entertainment value of the game - thanks largely in part to the rain... and Rex Grossman.

While watching the game, Trout said something along the lines of: "Rex Grossman is not that bad. He's probably the 15th best QB in the league. He's definitely better than Charlie Frye or whoever Tampa runs out at QB." I said something in the way of: "No fucking way." I got a list, here's the order of my list that it's in -

It goes, Reggie, Jay Z, Tupac and Beggie, Andre from Outkast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas, and then me.

Ok, for real though:

1. Peyton
2. Palmer
3. Brady
4. McNabb
5. Brees
6. Bulger
7. Rivers
8. Favre
9. Vick
10. Hasselbeck
11. Young
12. Pennington
13. Romo
14. Delhomme
15. E. Manning
16. Kitna
17. Leinart
18. Roethlisberger
19. Losman
20. McNair
21. Grossman

Given the rest of the list (Leftwich, B Johnson, Culpepper/Harrington, A Smith, Frye, Cutler, Garcia?), Grossman's 21st ranking translates to him sucking hard. Would you seriously take him over any established QB in my top 20 or any other young, promising QB prospect (Cutler, Smith)? The Bears would have been better off with Trent Dilfer, who at least limited mistakes.

As for 24, I actually have nothing insightful to say about last night's episode. I did, however, want to mention a disturbing commercial that ran twice during the show. Disney's Cinderella III is out on video. First of all, what 24 fans would possibly react positively to that ad? I laughed the first time I saw it, then was confused when it was run again within the same prime time hour. It got me thinking, how could there be a sequel to that story? Does she divorce the prince? Maybe the prince comes out of the closet, hooks up with the dude driving the pumpkin coach, and throws Cinderella out on the street. And when did they come out with a Cinderella II? Are big Cinderella fans even interested in the finale (I can only assume this is the last) of this trilogy?

Nothing like another completely pointless paragraph from Smalls.

PS - I am changing my blogging alias. From now on, please refer to me as Dick Dastardly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Furman P. Slothra said...

yo kurupt should be higher on that list

February 6, 2007 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Dick Dastardly said...

The question is - who is Reggie?

February 9, 2007 at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home