1.21.2007

coupla random Sunday observations

- I don't like Fox's coverage of the NFL. Terry Bradshaw. Joe Buck. NFC teams. All suck. But what bothered me most during the Bears-Saints game was the inferior segways between commercials and the game. Fox has had that music for as long as I can remember, but it's worse than the CBS football jingle (and definitely worse than NFL Countdown / MNF). The thing that really killed me was that stupid robot football player that runs in place at bottom of the screen. This robot does a Barry Sanders-esque, stop-and-go stutter move... over and over again. Why a robot? What does that have to do with anything? Wouldn't a football graphic or a Fox logo make more sense there? I know, I know. Why do I care about this? I'm not sure why this music/robot combo bothers me now; I've seen about 10 games covered by Fox this season. Maybe it's because I am indifferent about the game. The NFC. Sigh.

- As I write this, Peyton throws a 1-yard TD pass on first down. He has a shitload of these every season. Every other team runs in that situation. I think Peyton calls that bootleg to the tight end to pad his stats (maybe Dallas Clark is on his fantasy team?). If it ain't broke, don't fix it? Note: former Patriot Dan Klecko caught that ball. Haven't seen him in a few years - he really let himself go. Guy's gotta be 320.

- I really wish there was another 4 hour, Sunday-Monday airing of 24. I'm more into that than the NFL right now.

- I have now had two separate requests to discuss more hoops on the blog. Your thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Speckled Trout said...

I'm down to talk more hoops, although pretty much the only thing I'm checking these days is to make sure the Celts hung up another L. I guess college basketball starts getting interesting right about now.

Good call on Klecko. That guy used to have the same kind of build as a Larry Izzo type. Now it looks like he ate Larry Izzo. Dude is fat. I never understand why teams have these defensive guys come in for a play or two on offense. Aren't the guys that play offense all the time definitely better? Doesn't this piss off the real tight ends? Also, whenever a guy like klecko or vrabel or any defensive guy checks in at tight end, they get the ball like 75% of the time! Why don't they pay a little extra attention to these fuckers?

How the fuck did the pats lose that game? 32 points in the second half? Fucking serious? Pats D looked slow and fat and winded all second half. Still I can't believe they lost that game. They would've murdered the bears for number 4. Fuck.

One more thing - how was that pass interference on Hobbs on that pass into the end zone to Reggie Wayne? Yeah he never looked back, but he also never touched Wayne. Simms and Nantz reacted as though Hobbs mauled the shit out of Wayne and it was a no-brainer call. He didn't even touch him and just happened to knock the ball down! Fuck.

And, fuck.

January 22, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home